This programme is broken down in the following thematic areas.
1. Sexual and Gender Based Violence
- Ending Sexual and Gender Based Violence
- Pursue the fight against Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV)
- Increase participation of men in the fight against SGBV
- Encourage abused men to open up to/for help
- Produce resources (practical tools on how to address SGBV issues and theological reflections on SGBV)
- Conduct a research on the persistence of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Highlight the plight of widows
- Conduct an awareness campaign on the plight of widows in the continent
- Produce ideas to assist in addressing the plight of widows in the churches
3. Women’s Rights
- Advocate for women’s rights and gender equality
- Engage with the African Union and UN Women on gender concerns and involvement of women in decision making
- Establish an AACC men’s movement for gender justice
- Initiate a youth campaign for gender justice
- Sensitize young girls and women about their value as human beings created in God’s image; have a good self-esteem
4. Gender Equality in church Leadership
- Enhance women’s participation in church leadership
- Promote gender sensitive interpretation of the bible (interpretation of gender-biased biblical texts)
- Conduct a survey on the level of women’s involvement in church leadership
- Support advanced training for potential women leaders
5. Women and Entrepreneurship
- Promote women entrepreneurial skills development for wealth creation
- Create a forum for women entrepreneurs to share ideas and showcase success stories for inspiration of other women
6. Youth employment and Entrepreneurship
- Foster job creation and innovation among the youth
- Encourage churches to create opportunities for exchange programs for young people
- Showcase success stories of young people (innovation, small-scale enterprises, etc.)
- Fight drugs and substance abuse
- Organise youth contests (essay competitions, etc.)
7. Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalization
- Establish an Interfaith Youth Movement for Peace Building
- Provide platforms for awareness creation on religious radicalization and extremism
- Create opportunities for interactions among youth of different faiths in Africa
- Use social media for peace promotion and peace building in Africa
- Open an online forum on “youth as agents of peace”
- Collaborate with the African Union interfaith programmes and other actors
8. Youth and African Patriotism
- AACC Youth Campaign on African Patriotism.
- Initiate a youth campaign on Youth Patriotism in Africa: - “Africa: my home, my future”.
- Organize an All Africa Youth Congress to launch the campaign and inspire youth to love their countries.
- Create awareness programs on the achievements of our countries, societies, and promotion of the diversities and talents in our countries.
- Create a youth platform for discussion to own and popularize the Agenda 2063 for a United, Peaceful and Prosperous Africa.