This programme is broken down in the following thematic areas.
- Maintain ecumenical pastoral presence for reconciliation and peace in difficult situations
- Maintain high-level ecumenical diplomacy
- Encourage the churches to have disaster preparedness and management systems (effective early warning systems)
- Facilitate reconciliation and mediation initiatives
- Assist the churches to play a proactive role in preventing potential conflicts (e.g. related to land, water and other natural resources)
2. Migration and Human Trafficking
- Increase awareness on the phenomenon and address root causes of migration
- Encourage the churches to include the issue of migration and human trafficking in the church agenda
- Promote an Africa of Hope (Videos, documentaries on returnees, profiling of successful business women, etc.)
- Work with European ecumenical institutions to address the challenge of Africa-Europe migration
- Develop linkages with Africans in the diaspora
3. Climate Change
- Addressing the impact of Climate Change
- Engage in advocacy at the AU through the Liaison Office (compliance with the Paris Agreement)
- Promote the use of renewable energy
4. Environment and Care for Creation
- Promote eco – theology.
- Educate member churches on the challenge of environment and climate Justice and the imperatives of an eco-theology in African contexts
- Address issues of land and water justice
5. Engagement with Global and Continental Development Agendas
- Creatively engage with UN Agenda 2030 and African Union “Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want”.
- Continue popularization for ownership by the churches
- Equip churches to monitor implementation and hold their governments accountable
- Showcase achievements from time to time
6. Advocacy for Economic Justice and a new Debt Crisis
- Engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue on national debts, international aid, access to markets (economic partnership agreement) etc.
- Advocate for Churches’ commitment to economic justice in the continent
- Produce fact sheets on ballooning new debt and the challenge of debt management
- Equip churches to monitor governments borrowing (ethical decision-making)
- Address issues of corruption
7. Population and Development
- Highlight the issue of sustainable population growth and its impact on development
- Demonstrate the link between population growth and development
- Assist churches to responsibly engage in reproductive health issues
- Research and make available statistical data and analysis on population growth in Africa
- Advocate for Diakonia as an imperative ministry to the Church to be inclusive, empowering and transformative
- Collaborate with the World Council of Churches on Diakonia in the African continent.
- Equip churches in developing common understanding of Diakonia and practice of the ministry of Diakonia
- Disseminate publications on Diakonia